British Education Centre’s
1. Key details
For enquiries about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to BRITISH EDUCATION CENTRE, 51B Amoy Street, Singapore 069877.
We gather and use certain information in order to offer and provide courses and services for the purpose of private education and training.
3. What data we gather
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- National identity number or passport number
- Qualifications, awarding institutions and dates awarded
- Work experience
- Photographic or audio-visual material containing images of course participants; graduates; tutors; academic board members; participants in teaching practice and practicum delivery created by our partner British Education Centre with consent for use by BRITISH EDUCATION CENTRE as given in application forms to courses and in staff contracts, the copyright of such photographic and audio-visual material belonging to British Education Centre
- Voluntary testimonials of course participants and graduates in written and/or audio-visual format, with name, course title and completion date
- Study or position applied for to provide references for further study or employment
4. How we use this data
This data enables us to best provide education services, tutors and staff, an academic board, to match inquiries on our courses, to enrol participants onto courses and to provide the total course experience through to completion, awarding of qualifications and progression.
Specifically, we may use this data:
- To contact course inquirers in response to specific enquiries
- To contact course inquirers with subsequent updates on courses
- For checking qualifications and work experience of applicants for course entry, tutoring and other positions
- For facilitating course participant entry, progression, completion and graduation
- For our own internal records
- For providing to external partner course providers to enable their student processing functions related to acceptance of participants onto courses for their awards and for processing of these awards
- To improve courses offered and to explore new course possibilities by the application of internal market research
- To show shortform CVs including photographs of academic board members and tutors on our website.
- In photographic or audio-visual form either individually or in groups, images of course participants; graduates; tutors; academic board members; participants in teaching practice and practicum delivery for the purposes of marketing on our website and at our discretion on the website of an external partner course provider, and for enhancement of course materials
- Testimonials of course participants and graduates for the purposes of marketing on our website and at our discretion on the website of an external partner course provider
- To provide references on request for course graduates or staff for further study or for seeking employment
5. Controlling data
We do not lease, distribute or sell the data provided by inquirers, applicants, course participants, graduates, academic board members, tutors and other staff and applicants for teaching and staff positions. We hold this information securely, both physically and via password protection.
We will not give personal data to any third party other than as strictly necessary to perform our contract.
6. Access to data
Course inquirers, applicants, participants and graduates, academic board members, tutors and other staff and applicants for teaching and staff positions may have access to data held on them.